Our pre-Christmas bootcamp!
For every £1 spent with a local small or medium sized business, 63p stays in the local economy
I’s a statistic that made us sit up and listen. We believe that it is vital that we invest in and use the services available within our local community. In a time of austerity and budget cuts, coupled with the rise of 24×7 internet shopping, we need to recognise that it is worth putting in time, effort and money to local enterprises, activities and projects to ensure that they will continue to operate. Love local.
Seven reasons to love local:
- Your spending will boost the local economy; two to three times as much money is kept in the community when you buy goods and services from independent, locally owned businesses as it circulates throughout the local community
- It’s more ethical – produce is more likely to be seasonal, have travelled less food miles and being local, contain more nutrients and have less packaging
- You can buy something unique to your area
- You will be supporting British entrepreneurs – for example, there are lots of small businesses just in Conwy County – 73% of local businesses employing 0-4 people.
- It helps to build communities, community groups and social enterprises (like Your Hwb!). Social glue
- You might get a better deal or some good local advice – less likely to be forthcoming from a big chain
- Sometimes you can try before you buy – a level of personal service harder to deliver through a big business
Your Hwb is a social enterprise which works to give a professional boost to local communities based in North Wales. We love where you live – the beautiful coastal town of Llanfairfechan – and we set up Your Hwb to give a professional boost to local small businesses, clubs, groups and organisations. We tell local people what is right there in their doorstep and encourage them, as long as the service or product is quality, to use it.
By staying local and using local, we can all contribute towards our local and regional economy and create the social glue to bind our communities together. Good business.
Quality plants, first-class horticultural advice, award winning restaurant and a community hub.
Gifted Crafters is the ideal shop for gifts or a holiday memento.
Step inside and enter a world of musical possibilities - guitars a speciality.
Supplying vegetable boxes to homes across North Wales packed with fresh, seasonal produce.
A perfect base for campers, expeditions and informal wedding receptions.
A timeless haven and one of Penmaenawr's best kept secrets.